Mars Global Surveyor
Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC)
- Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) is currently orbiting and observing Mars.
- MGS was launched 7 November 1996. It reached Mars 12 September 1997.
- The Primary Mission began 9 March 1999, and ended
31 January 2001.
- The Extended Mission began immediately on 1 February 2001 and
is presently expected to continue through December 2006.
- MOC is in excellent health and continues to send back data nearly every day.
- MSSS Connection: MOC was fabricated and is operated by MSSS.
President, Michael C. Malin, is the Principal Investigator.
MOC Pictures of Mars:
MGS MOC Background and Information
©2004 by Malin Space Science Systems, Inc.